Wanamassa Birds

I frequently stroll the streets of Wanamassa, NJ, with camera at the ready to take pictures of birds.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ocean, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Camera Inspires More Bird Picts




It's been a long time since I've posted here. The Konica-Minolta camera was disappointing. It just did a terrible job in low light. It was also slow to focus. So, after much dithering and some analysis, I entered the world of DSLR with a Pentax K-x with two lenses, the 18-55mm and the 55-300mm. These are equivalent to 27-82mm and 82-450mm in 35mm terms. I'm taking most of my bird shots with the longer lens at full zoom.

Here are some pictures of a tufted titmouse getting nesting material from the top of a pole just across the street. At first, I thought it was building the nest in the top of the pole, but then I realized it was gathering material and taking it around the back of Ruthie's, our neighbor across the street.

I'm particularly pleased with the last shot with its wings spread. One of those fortuitous images for which I can thank my new camera's rapid fire mode which takes over four images a second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home