Wanamassa Birds

I frequently stroll the streets of Wanamassa, NJ, with camera at the ready to take pictures of birds.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ocean, New Jersey, United States

Friday, March 24, 2006

Mourning Doves

In the great scheme of things, taking pictures of mourning doves is no big achievement. Like mallards and Canada geese they're on my list of "too easy to bother with" birds. But these two seemed to have created a nest for themselves in the front yard of one of the houses on North Wanamassa Drive and so I snapped this rather nice shot:

6 Comments:

Blogger Chabrier said...

Dear Dave, I love the intimacy and grace of this photo. I love painting doves, and you caught their sense of love and fidelity. Annie

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've caught their very tender personalities that comfort me daily here in Texas every morning. They are simply a gift from God.
Jeanette

3:10 PM  
Blogger Antonia said...

Hello there

I am creating a website at the moment for The Peace Project, an art project I am developing over they next year and raising awareness of through a variety of travelling and long distance cycle rides. That may well accumulate in a longer cycle ride - round the world.

would you mind me using your photograph?

This is the address for the website so you can take a look: www.antonialayzell.com

Thank you
from antonia x

8:15 AM  
Blogger Dave Saunders said...

Antonia,

By all means go ahead and use the image. Thanks for asking.

Dave

10:07 AM  
Blogger HANSBLOG said...

Nice shot Mr. DAVE, indeed - HANS





C A R P E D I E M

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent photography. I sit on the front porch and break up peanuts for the Eurasian and Mourning Doves and before you know it I have a crowd of doves. We also have families of Cactus Wrens and Thrashers (curve-billed and straight-billed)who also love peanuts, but at least they can break them up themselves.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home