Wanamassa Birds

I frequently stroll the streets of Wanamassa, NJ, with camera at the ready to take pictures of birds.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ocean, New Jersey, United States

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Wrens are back

Great excitement! The wrens have returned to the nest box in the backyard. After last year's fiasco (house sparrows chased them off when we had a tree felled that had the house sparrow nest in it -- at least, that's my theory), we weren't sure they'd return, but look:



Later, the bird perched atop the box and sang a long song about how this was his house and he wanted the world to know:

1 Comments:

Blogger the greatest said...

I happened on your site when I was doing a google search on sparrows. I haven't seen photos this beautiful in a long time. Thank you for sharing NJ with the world :D

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home