Wanamassa Birds

I frequently stroll the streets of Wanamassa, NJ, with camera at the ready to take pictures of birds.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ocean, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Turkey Vulture Passes Over Front Yard






Denise was out walking with David. She called home excited about a couple of huge birds circling above their heads. Then she called again. She was on our street and the birds were right over our house. So, out I went with the camera and sure enough they were turkey vultures. We get a lot of them around here, but it is rare I get a shot as good as these.

The bird flew very close to the angle of the sun, so I was a little worried about tracking it. But I did and as it passed over the trees in our front yard, I got these rather pleasing shots. I'm sure it was the angle of the sun that made the lighter feathers look so white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home