Wanamassa Birds

I frequently stroll the streets of Wanamassa, NJ, with camera at the ready to take pictures of birds.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ocean, New Jersey, United States

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Close Encounter

Thursday, late afternoon. I strolled up the street hoping to see an interesting bird. This one was interesting, but not in the sense I meant: just another robin in a small tree across the street:



It was making a call I didn't recognize. I didn't expect to be able to get very close to the bird:



But it sat there apparently oblivious of me, although perhaps some of the puffing up it was doing could be attributed to my approach:



Indeed, it was sufficiently indifferent to me that it set about cleaning itself:



At this point, I was close enough that my camera decided I needed to have some fill-in flash, so it activated the flash.



Here's a close up of the bird's head from this angle.



The bird was sufficiently comfortable in its tree that it let me walk around to the side to get this angle (where the sun was over my shoulder so the lighting was better):



Finally, here's a close up of the bird's head from this angle:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home