Wanamassa Birds

I frequently stroll the streets of Wanamassa, NJ, with camera at the ready to take pictures of birds.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ocean, New Jersey, United States

Monday, March 27, 2006

Double Lens -- Not Bad!

Today is the first sunny day since I started using the new camera, so I took the opportunity to screw both C-8 1.6x teleconverters on the front. The results are not bad. Consider that without the combination (which gives me the eqivalent of a 1,075mm lens for a 35mm camera), I would never have gotten close enough to this house finch to take any picture:



I also took a picture of a robin that came fairly close. The color in this picture is not as good as I would have hoped, but I think it might have been that I was pointing into the sun some:



When I compare these shots with what I used to get with both lenses attached to the Oympus, the results are marvelous. First, there's no vignetting at all. I even have a little bit of zoom wiggle-room. And the atificially crackled effect (as I used to think of it) is gone.

Of course, the fact that I am collecting more pixels helps a lot. The house finch image is reduced from 1600 x 1000 pixels I cropped from the image. The robin shot is reduced from a crop of 2000 x 1250.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home